A phobia is a specific fear, for instance a fear of water, snakes, or heights. Phobias are intense fears that are unrealistic or overblown. Often, people avoid the thing they are afraid of. This can lead to a loss of activities in life (i.e. avoiding a party if you know the hostess has a dog or not going to the Caribbean because you are afraid to fly), as well as a reinforcement of the fear itself.
- Schedule a training/workshop for your youth ministry volunteers/parents for 2014 wp.me/PRIQZ-d #stumin #youthmin #uthmin 2 days ago
- Barriers to Grace Part 3: The Two Wolves shar.es/DlZcB #uthmin #stumin #youthmin 4 days ago
- Teens Are Deserting Facebook, And They're Heading To Places Where Their Parents Can't Find Them businessinsider.com/teens-desertin… via @bi_contributors 5 days ago
- Barriers to Grace – Part One shar.es/DWb2E #uthmin #stumin #youthmin 1 week ago
- Barriers to Grace – Part One shar.es/DH58l via @sharethis #ymnation #uthmin #youthmin #stumin 1 week ago
High Callings Blogs
- Addiction Adolescent Development Anxiety Bullying Depression Divorce Drug Abuse drug prevention Eating Disorders emerging adults extended adolescence Family Grief LGBTQ Youth Mental Health Mental Illness Misc. narcissism News Parenting Pornography Self-Injury Sexual Abuse SoulCare Spirituality Substance Abuse Suicide systemic abandonment Technology Teen Dating Violence Teens Uncategorized Youth Ministry Youth With Disabilities